Oregon Veterinary Conference
CH2M Hill Alumni Center & LaSells Stewart Center
Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon
In conjunction with the International Camelid Health Conference
View the conference brochure first to choose your sessions before proceeding to online registration.
Mail or Fax Registration
Registration Forms Only:
Please print the proceedings for the sessions you plan to attend and bring them with you to the conference; load them to your laptop, smartphone or tablet; or access them through the conference app. To access the proceedings, you will need the login information from your confirmation postcard, online registration receipt, or reminder e-mail. Already logged into our site as an OVMA member? Logout first, then login with the 2019 OVC credentials.
The 2019 conference will include an opportunity for most practitioners to meet the OVMEB requirement of 1 CE hour each on antibiotic resistance and analgesia.
- Dr. Dawn Boothe — Pharmacology
- Dr. Guillermo Couto — Cytology | Hematology | Oncology Sponsored by Idexx
- Dr. Mike Leib — GI Disease Sponsored by Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets
- Dr. Heidi Shafford — Anesthesia | Analgesia
- Dr. Robert Silver — Cannabis | Vitamin D | Nutraceuticals | Turmeric | Mushrooms Sponsored by Rx Vitamins for Pets
- Dr. Julie Dechant — Colic | Wound Management
- Dr. Nimet Browne — Antimicrobials in the Foal | Foal Pneumonia | Dermatology
- Dr. Mike Apley — Antibiotics Sponsored by Phoenix Central Lab
- Dr. Charles Estill — Pain Management in Food Production
- Dr. Joseph Klopfenstein — Mastitis Treatment | Dairy Protocols | Small Ruminant Milk Quality & Mastitis
- Dr. Brad LeaMaster — Animal Health Division Update
- Dr. Phil Bushby — Spay/Neuter Sponsored by Animal Health Foundation of Oregon
Technicians & Assistants
- Liz Hughston RVT VTS — Wound Healing & Bandaging | Toxicity Tips | Pharmacology | Respiratory Distress Patient
- David Liss RVT VTS — Triage & Stabilization | Nursing | Respiratory Emergencies | Acute Pancreatitis | Pain Management | Blood Gases
- Renae White CVT VTS & Nikki Farrell CVT VTS — Dentistry
Practice Management & Team Development
- Jennifer Bouman-Steagall JD — Leadership | Coaching & Documentation | Managing Absences & Leave | ADA & Disability Accommodations
- Rebecca Rose CVT — Professionalism | Trust | Combatting Burnout & Compassion Fatigue | Profitability | Supportive Culture
USDA APHIS Accreditation
- Dr. Maura Gibson — Meet your requirements for NAVP accreditation.
An app for the 2019 Oregon Veterinary Conference will be available. It will include the daily schedule, room assignments, facility map, and much more.
To install the app, follow these steps:
First, install the Yapp app, available from the App Store or iTunes (iPhone) and the Google Play store (Android),
- Visit this link from your mobile device: http://my.yapp.us/OREGONVC
Updates: The app will be updated as new information is available. You will be prompted to load any available updates when you open the app.
Announcements: Allow Yapp to send you push notifications if you want to receive on-site conference announcements on your device.
If you still have the 2018 conference app installed on your device, there is no need to install anything new. The app will prompt you to update to the newest version when you open it in Yapp.
You will receive your CE form onsite as part of your check-in packet.
CH2M Hill Alumni Center Ballroom
Visit the Exhibit Hall to check out the allied industry display of equipment, products, and services. Play exhibitor bingo for a chance to win an iPad! (iPad provided by Dignified Pet Services.)
Silent Auction to Benefit Animal Health Foundation of Oregon
CH2M Hill Alumni Center Ballroom
Bid on great prizes in the silent auction to benefit the Animal Health Foundation of Oregon. Donations of silent auction items gratefully accepted. Want to contribute something to the auction but not sure what to donate? We have gift basket and donation ideas! Contact us for more information or to let us know you will be bringing an item for the auction. The silent auction will close on Saturday at 3:30 pm.
Friday, 5:00 pm - CH2M Hill Alumni Center Ballroom
Come by for a drink or a chat with colleagues, friends and our exhibitors.
OSU CVM Alumni Reception
Friday, 5:30 - deLaubenfels Atrium, Magruder Hall (lobby), OSU CVM
Join faculty and staff for appetizers and drinks. Find out what’s new in the college, and take a student-led tour of the hospital. Please RSVP on the registration form.
Food & Mixed Animal Practitioners’ Breakfast
Saturday, 7:00 am - Arnold Dining Hall
RSVP on the registration form ~ Sponsored by Zoetis
Saturday, 5:00 pm - Giustina Art Gallery, LaSells Stewart Center
The OSU SCAVMA will be holding its annual gathering on Saturday evening to encourage interaction between veterinary students and veterinarians. All veterinarians are invited to linger a bit after the day's sessions to network with the OSU veterinary students. Students will offer appetizers and drinks in exchange for conversation on careers and the profession. Please stop by the Giustina Art Gallery of LaSells Stewart Center immediately after the day's sessions. Please RSVP on the registration form.
OVMA Business Forum
Sunday 7:30 am - CH2M Hill Alumni Center Ballroom
This is your opportunity to learn more about the status of your association, legislative activities, and how the OVMA is involved with the current issues facing the veterinary profession.
Past Inductee, Service/Professional
The Oregon Animal Hall of Fame™ awards (sponsored by the Animal Health Foundation of Oregon) and the OVMA Awards of Excellence will be presented at a luncheon ceremony held Saturday, March 2, 2019 during the Oregon Veterinary Conference.
OVMA members may nominate a worthy colleague or animal for any of these awards. The forms below are fillable. Save the file to your computer, fill it out and e-mail it back to us with any additional documentation and/or photos as required, or print the form out and return it to us by mail or fax, as noted on the form.
Nominations are due by January 31, 2019.
We provide the opportunity for veterinarians to interview senior students for prospective employment. If you are a veterinarian who is interested in participating in this opportunity, please return the form below to the OVMA office by February 15.
- To follow.
For a list of childcare providers in the Corvallis area, please contact the Corvallis Tourism Board at (800) 334-8188.
The Oregon Veterinary Conference is a cooperative effort of the Oregon Veterinary Medical Association and the College of Veterinary Medicine at Oregon State University with the goal of providing meaningful continuing education to Northwest veterinarians, practice managers, and paraprofessionals.