Thank you to our industry partners for supporting the OVMA and our public relations program.
Norwest Contractors Inc.
We Start with Smart: A Plan and a Partnership. For No-Surprises No-Regrets Veterinary Construction. Remove All Doubt, Ask a Fellow Vet!
- Dr. Libbi Hawkins, Gabriel Park Vet Clinic, (3 projects) (503) 245-7275
- Dr. Thomas Mackowiak, Heartfelt Vet, (2 projects) (503) 765-1210
- Dr. Debbie Cochell, Sequoia/Woodburn Vet Clinics (2 projects) (503) 266-6090
- Dr. Jean Battig, Animal Dental Clinic, (503) 292-4533
- Dr. Courtney Anders, Heart Anima Hospital, (503) 954-3393
- Dr. Christine Ortner, Cascade Animal Hospital, (503) 655-1722
For more information:
Angella Heiber: (503) 291-6986 ext. 25
Omni Practice Group
Over 100 years of Veterinary, Business, Finance, Brokering, and Real Estate experience. Trusted by veterinarians to purchase or sell veterinary medical practices and real estate including: associate to own, mergers, buyer’s representation, lease negotiation, building purchase/sale, associate placement and/or in-house transitions. We provide accredited valuations, creative financing solutions and personalized local service. Serving the Western United States with honesty and integrity. Initial consultation and analysis always free.
Jim Vander Mey, CPA, ABI, (877) 866-6053, ext. 2 or email@example.com
Michael Kovsky, DVM (877) 866-6053, ext. 5 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Rodney Johnston, MBA, CMA (877) 866-6053, ext. 1 or email@example.com
- Access to Ownership
- Beware of Thumb Rules for Practice Sale Price
- Practice Transition Myth Busters
- Strategies for a Successful Veterinary Practice Purchase
- Trends in Transitions—Is It Time to Sell?
- Utilization of a Practice Broker
Architectural Werks, Inc.
Providing veterinary architecture, space planning, interior design, consultation, and construction administration services throughout the Pacific NW since 1969.
Jeff Clark, AIA: (425) 823-2244
- Creating a More Efficient Practice
- Dealing with Noise in Veterinary Facilities
- First Impressions: Creating a Client-Friendly Clinic
- Floor Materials 101 - Polished Concrete
- Managing Odors in the Practice
- Practical Strategies for Remodeling
- Remodeling Your Practice? Things to Consider
- The Hospital of the Future is Now
- Street Appeal
The AVMA PLIT delivers the most complete and supportive professional insurance program available to veterinarians. The PLIT’s comprehensive program gives you all the protection you need throughout your career. This includes professional liability, license defense, and business insurance policies that have unique terms and provisions tailored to veterinarians, giving you greater protection and control.
Sales and Service Center:
- After the Disaster: Safety Tips for the Clean-Up
- Classifying Employees Properly on Your Workers' Compensation Policy
- Eight Tips to Prevent Data Breach and Cyber Fraud
- ERISA & Fiduciary Fundamentals
- Essential Disaster Planning for Veterinary Practices
- Managing an OSHA Inspection
- Preventing Back Injuries
- Protect Yourself from Identity Theft
- Reduce the Likelihood of Malpractice Allegations & Board Complaints
- Safety and Security After Hours: Protect Your Practice Against Crime
- Seven Key Elements of Business Continuity Planning
- Top 7 Business Insurance Mistakes Made by Veterinary Practice Owners
- Veterinary Practice Pregnancy Policy
BnK Construction, Inc.
Veterinary and Pet Care Facilities are a unique and specialized type of construction that demands a qualified and experienced contractor. BnK Construction, Inc. can assist you in all aspects of your project from site selection, equipment procurement, design on through complete construction. Please visit our Web site to discover what BnK can do for you!
For more information, contact:
Rick Shandy at (503) 342-4352
Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health
We care for animals. When they are healthy, humans are healthier too. We commit to making the industry even better at improving both human and animal health. Merial is now part of Boehringer Ingelheim.
Jacob Ray, District Manager: (831) 332-2279
Gaea Walker, Northwestern Oregon: (503) 894-3085
Kevin Dennis, East Portland: (503) 780-6156
Dr. Amelie Hatfield, West Portland: (503) 333-5128
Chris Gaub, Southern Oregon: (541) 602-8571
Lisa Olson, Bend: (805) 217-0006
Amber Roney, Vancouver WA: (360) 844-0744
Dr. Thomas Schwarzer, Field Service Technical Veterinarian: (816) 206-4053
- Clinical Pearls: Tips for Talking to Clients About Flea Control
- The Ties That Bind: How Does Your Practice Say Goodbye?
First Interstate Bank
Wherever you may find yourself in your practice’s financial cycle, our team of seasoned financial professionals at First Interstate Bank are here to help guide you through your next financial plan for growth, stability or succession. Our array of financial products from equipment loans, lines of credit, treasury solutions, deposits, industry cards, ACH and internet banking can be tailored to fit and suit your individual needs to help you reach your next goal. Give us a call and one of our professionals will schedule an appointment to come visit with you.
For more information, contact:
Roger Schliecher at (503) 499-5933 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Henry Schein Animal Health
We provide nationwide service to veterinarians through the distribution of pharmaceuticals, biologicals, capital equipment and clinic supplies. Our friendly, knowledgeable sales team can provide your practice with exceptional service. We are here to be your value based, solution driven distributor of choice!
To find your representative, please call:
(855) SCHEIN1 (724-3461)
Todd J. Allison, Northwest Region Manager: (503) 726-9215
Terrie Corcoran: (503) 740-8799
Loren Heryford: (503) 701-3244
Doug Hoge: (360) 909-4279
Bernie Maier: (503) 740-8012
Vern Mason: (503) 708-2955
HomeStreet Bank is a full service bank with offices in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, California, and Hawaii that specializes in lending to the veterinary community. We provide creative solutions for veterinarians seeking to construct a new hospital, purchase a practice or refinance debt. Our team is led by Scott Harvey, the only banker to be recognized by the WSVMA as its Allied Partner of the Year, in recognition of his service to the veterinary community.
Scott Harvey: (206) 254-7280
Lakefield Veterinary Group
Lakefield is a privately held, family-owned company building communities of like-minded veterinarians. We know you've spent a lifetime building a veterinary hospital defined by personal care, a unique culture, and dedication to your community. We believe this legacy matters more than anything. By partnering with Lakefield when you transition the ownership of your hospital, we preserve and protect that legacy for decades to come.
Medical Professionals Financial Group
Mackenzie Martin with Medical Professionals Financial Group is part of a team of highly motivated individuals dedicated to the financial health and well-being of our clients. Our strength is generated from long-term commitment to our clients and veterinary, medical and dental communities. Mackenzie provides guidance for investments, insurance (life/disability/long term care) and financial planning. She is the endorsed advisor for financial planning for PVMA and WSVMA Members.
For a consultation, please contact: Mackenzie Martin at (503) 697-0817 or email@example.com
Registered Representative offering securities through Independent Financial Group, LLC (IFG). Member FINRA/SIPC. Medical Professionals Financial Group is not affiliated with IFG. Office of Supervisory Jurisdiction 310 N. State St. Suite 206 Lake Oswego OR 97034. OR Insurance License #708320
- Counting Your Retirement "Assets"
- Finding True Financial Freedom
- Review Your Financial Biography
- Staying on Course: Successful Management of New ERISA Fee Disclosure Rules
- The 10 Biggest Mistakes Investors Make
For Equine Owners:
Pet Pharmacy NW
(A Professional Compounding Pharmacy)
We do not sell commercial veterinary products, supplements, flea collars, or vaccines. For we feel veterinary clinics are well-equipped to serve their clientele with these needs. We prepare prescriptions in our state of the art compounding pharmacy. Our clean rooms are certified every 6 months in accordance with USP <795> and <797> guidelines by an independent company. Our pharmacy labs include an independently certified Class 1000 clean room equipped with a Class 100 Laminar flow hoods and a Class 10,000 clean room. We regularly send samples of our products out to an independent testing facility to ensure accuracy, potency, sterility, and BUD. Our pharmacy has been a member of the Professional Compounding Centers of America since 1991. In order to suit your needs, we offer free shipping and most prescriptions can be completed on the same day.
(800) 934-6337 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Simmons & Associates Northwest
Practice Sales/Purchases/Buy-ins/Appraisals. Ease. Education. Experience. We put the longest established, most experienced, veterinary brokerage and appraisal team to work for you. We educate you on value, the buying and selling process, and your options, to bring you ease and comfort knowing you, your practice, and your dreams are in good hands. Working with buyers achieving practice ownership dreams. Working with sellers achieving rewards from years of hard work. Getting deals done!
For more information, contact:
Nikki Nitz, CPA, CMA: (208) 664-3100
- 3 Reasons You Didn't Get the Results You Wanted Last Year
- Avoiding the Pitfalls in a Practice Sale
- Combating Employee Dissatisfaction
- Corporate Consolidators: 8 Facts Practice Owners Need to Know
- Does My Long Term Associate Own Some of the Goodwill in My Practice?
- How Are Practice Sales Being Financed Today?
- How Does Generation & Gender Affect Practice Ownership?
- How to Buy a Fixer-Upper Veterinary Practice
- Is a Practice Merger a Good Option?
- Is Educational Debt a Barrier To Buying a Practice?
- Is My Practice Worth One Year's Gross?
- Management Issues in 1-3 Doctor Practices
- Practice Appraisal as a Management Tool
- Staffing Issues in 1-3 Doctor Practices
- Stand-Alone Medical Records Have No Value
- Unraveling the Mystery of Practice Appraisals
SoundTM is by a distance the veterinary industry's #1 digital imaging and PACS company, with uncontested leadership positions in ultrasound, digital radiography, imaging education and PACS solutions. SoundTM is the exclusive provider of GE Ultrasound equipment for the veterinary market in North America.
For more information, contact:
Dr. Benjamin Arnold at (503) 956-8723 or email@example.com
Total Practice Solutions Group, LLC (Salzsieder & Associates)
We are independent brokers in the Pacific Region of Total Practice Solutions Group. TPSG is a nationwide group of veterinarians, brokers, attorneys and business experts. We meet your practice needs with Buyer Representation, Seller Representation, Appraisals, Financing Assistance, Management Consulting, Contract Negotiations, Legal Representation, Transition Planning and Real Estate Sales and Leasing. As a veterinarian, attorney and Accredited Valuation Analyst (AVA) Karl Salzsieder is uniquely qualified to provide practice owners and future buyers with honest, experienced advice to find value in your practice, to assist in the practice sale and to get clients results in the succession planning area.
Karl Salzsieder DVM, JD, AVA: (360) 636-1228 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Client Divorce/Separation Can Affect Patient Ownership and Payments
- Know Your Veterinary Practice Value to Direct Management Decisions
- Prevent Loss in Practice Sale Price by Planning At Least 3 or More Years Before Listing
Valley Insurance Professionals
Valley Insurance Professionals is an independent, full-service insurance agency, proud to represent AVMA LIFE (formerly the AVMA GHLIT). In addition to being the authorized representatives to the OSU College of Veterinary Medicine, we are able to help practicing veterinarians with the insurance needs of their family or business. Offerings include Health, Life, Medical, Disability, Long Term Care, Medicare Solutions, Auto, Home, Liability, and the OVMA Group Health Plan through Oregon’s Health COOP. Contact us today for a comprehensive review of your insurance plan. Enjoy LIFE...we’ve got the rest covered!
Zoetis is the world leader in animal health. We discover, develop, manufacture and market veterinary medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products, genetic tests, biodevices and technical services. We work to help meet the growing worldwide demand for meat, poultry, fish, and dairy foods and the increasing desire for animal companionship. With our singular focus on animal health, we strive to make our products, services and people the most valued by our veterinarian and livestock producer customers around the world.
- Alex Hacker, Strategic Account Manager: (503) 449-1578 or email@example.com
- Keri Weppler, Area Business Manager: (703) 307-6333 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Theresa Jones, West Portland - Western Oregon: (503) 481-135 or email@example.com
- Andrew Springer, East Portland - Central Oregon: (928) 853-6556 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Thomas Mackowiak, Professional Services Veterinarian: (503) 200-0346 or email@example.com