Skip to main content

Oregon Licensure & Intern Permit

Oregon Licensure & Intern Permit

The state's licensing agency is the Oregon Veterinary Medical Examining Board.

You may not practice in Oregon until you activate your license or intern permit. Interns must complete one year of supervised experience to be eligible for an active license.

Graduate residency or preceptorship/externship experience may be counted toward the internship period.

If you are licensed and have veterinary experience in another state or province, that experience also counts toward the internship period, but you must have that state or province send a certified (Board sealed) “Letter of Good Standing” to the OVMEB.

Find the internship permit and license applications at the OVMEB Web site.

Submit paperwork to:

Oregon Veterinary Medical Examining Board
800 NE Oregon Street, Suite 407
Portland, Oregon 97232
Phone: 971-673-0224
Fax: 971-673-0226
Investigations: 971-673-0222