Oregon State Fair
Oregon State Fairgrounds, Salem
Our volunteers are staffing the booth from 10 am - 8 pm, most days.
This year, the OVMA booth will focus on challenging behaviors (inappropriate elimination, scratching, digging, barking, licking, etc....) exhibited by our pets and equines—and how the veterinary team can help!
- Cat Behavior: House-Soiling
- Cat Behavior: Overgrooming
- Cat Behavior: Scratching
- Dog Behavior: Barking
- Dog Behavior: Coprophagia (Eating Feces)
- Dog Behavior: Digging
- Dog Bites Can Be Prevented
- Equine Behavior Issues
- Introducing Your Pet to a Baby
Ask a Vet
Come by our booth and Ask a Vet your pet, equine or animal-related question! Veterinarian volunteers available at various times throughout the course of the Fair.
Service Animals in Training
We will have friends from Canine Companions for Independence Cascade Chapter (CCI) visiting the booth. Come get some puppy love!
- Saturday, August 25, 11 am - 5 pm
- Monday, August 27, 5 pm — Presentation "Raising a Puppy for Service Work" — Explore Oregon Stage in Columbia Hall
- Wednesday, August 29, 11 am - 5 pm
Note: Subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances.
Kids can dress up like a veterinarian in our photo booth. Snap a pic, post it on social, tag us (@oregonvma on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram) + use hashtag #osfdvm!
Are you a veterinarian or veterinary team member who wants to volunteer in our booth at the Fair? Please view our volunteer roster here.